Monday, May 18, 2009

Run One, New Shoes

Running total: 7 k

Today's stats: 6.98k, 34:45, 23 deg, sunny, avg HR 158.

Run description: Steady state trying to keep heart rate down. One four minute burst at about 12 minutes. 2 minutes hard to finish.

Feeling: New shoes were good, started off feeling like it was hard work. Took a while to get into the rhythm. New Ipod arm strap (Belkin) got the job done nicely. My right knee did not bother me at all. Glad I have the new shoes. Hard to keep the pace down. Once I got my heart rate up after the first burst could not get back below 150.

So my goal is to run 10 k in less than 40 minutes. I would like to do that this fall but seeing as I am only turning 37 this summer I guess I still have three years to fulfill my goal. I may try and work my way up to half marathon distances but so far I always end up getting injured around 16 k distances. As for this training cycle, so far so good. The plantar faciatis[sic] has not been bothering me so far and my core strength seems to be sufficient to support my lower back. I haven't been doing much yoga but I keep planning to get it done.

I plan to run next on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment