Monday, September 7, 2009

Run 59, 60

Running total: 512K (24)

Description: First 10 k was a race. I warmed up pretty well and then timed myself. The first 2 K were right on 4:00 min kilometers. After that I broke down and my slowest stretch was at about 4:30. I finished with an average time of 4:16 min/k and a total time of 42:39. Took a while to get into the groove. Will have to do a much more prolific warm up on the actual race day. Drank lots of water pre race and was not dry mouthed by the end. The hill sections really slowed me down. I enjoyed a spring from the down hills but coming up really put a dent in my speed. Finished strong but will have to start my kick at about the 8K mark in the actual race and just try to keep increasing all the way home. My kick was just under 1 K in the race.

The flat course in Kelowna will be quite helpful I think. With a month to go I am feeling pretty good about my time but shaving off 2 minutes will be a real real challenge. I think I will be able to pace myself come the actual race day.

6 K today was a no watch run. Felt pretty strong and kept the heart rate down. Morning and cool. I actually wore a sweat shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment