Thursday, September 3, 2009

Run 54 - 57

4 runs of length 13, 5, 9, 7.

Running total: 488 K

Description: 13 k, morning long distance slow paced run. The legs felt strong the whole way. Not a spectacular time but that wasn't what I was going for.

5K, a monday morning run on my first day back to work. Good stretching as a warm down but warm up was a little light.

9K, a tuesday afternoon run. Killer killer hot. Ran with a buddy but we took it slow. I was able to cope even with the intense heat but that is definitely not recommended. Morning runs are better.

7K, first interval run. I put in 4 race speed sections of around 2 minutes. Choose an end point rather than a time interval. Length was probably about half a kilometer. The inbetween sections were still pretty strong considering the pace I managed to attain and hold. Definitely slower in the last interval.

I need to work on my racing technique. Probably should go to the school field and work on my 400m and 100m form. Perhaps these workouts should be on top of my distance runs.

Also plan to go out with a friend on his bike to see what 10 km/h, 12 km/h, 15km/h feel like and to see how fast my max running speed is. Just gotta stick with the plan and the good lord willing everything will work out right.

No comments:

Post a Comment