Thursday, July 2, 2009

Run 16.

Running total: 148 K.

Daily Stats: 7.15 k, 37:55, 5:18 min/k, midday, 33 degrees, sunny, avg hr 154

Description: I started off running with the rest of the family who were on bikes but they turned back at the 1 k mark. They also took the water bottle that I was planning to drink from which was why they came in the first place. It was really hot and I was dry mouthing and looking for a place to go to the washroom for the last two thirds. Did not push at all and though I had an interval at a 5:09 pace it was still a very reasonable run. Pretty impressed with the average heart rate but I am starting to understand that the six minutes of warm up run in the first k and a half have a large impact on my average. The true average for when I was running was probably closer to 160. On days when I am going hard might have to do a real 6-9 min warm up before starting the actual run. This will be a much better indicator of where I am actually running at.

No comments:

Post a Comment