Saturday, July 11, 2009

Run 20

Running total: 189

Daily Stats: 9.82 K, 44:04, 4:29 min/k, sunrise, clear, cool, avg hr 165

Description: Today was a race day. I did a half hearted warm up before starting. Not really sufficient but some walking, jogging and stretching. Went out in at a 4:32 for the first 4 k, 5th was down at about 4:15, ballooned to 4:40 for 6 and 7, 8 was probably still up there but finished probably down close to 4:00. Definitely have a long way to go on the conditioning still. Also need some speed work. Kilometers 6, 7 and 8 are the three that I need to work on. The first half I am pretty sure I will be able to bring that down with race exuberance alone. 9 and 10 I will be able to kick it home in an actual race. So it is holding on from 6-8. Good to know where I am at. My recovery was excellent. Back at 115 hr within in a minute of finishing. Feeling pretty good right now. Also need to extend my run so it is actually a full 10 k.

No comments:

Post a Comment